Monday, December 17, 2007

Yule Tide

It was lovely to drive to an event only an hour away. So nice. Headed up to the big city to have breakfast with John and Caillie at Panera. I had never been there before so that was fun. Panera is a bit too fru fru yuppie for me but the food is good and we had a nice visit. I also got a giant popcorn tin full of chocolates and other goodies. Thanks Caillie (and John)!!!

Site opened at ten and we got there not long after that. There were only a few people there. Got all my stuff in and settled. John and Caillie stayed for a bit but since they work nights they headed home around lunch time. More people came and I finished my latest hat. I helped Rue fix her viking brooch strings and Svienn fixed my necklace that broke at Boars Head.

Site has some nice couches so in late afternoon I took a little nap probably longer than I planned but it was nice to catch a little siesta. When I got up Kaia and Jess had arrived and not long after that we ate turkey and all the fixings. All was very good and I had a hard time eating all my pie. I forgot about the pumpkin cheesecake Ruth made but I got to take some home.

Everyone was glad I could come. I had fun. I was glad to go to a nice little event.

1 comment:

caillie said...

Thanks for coming out!! We had fun too!