Thursday, December 27, 2007

Every day looks like a picture postcard

All the snow and constant fog has covered everything in a beautiful frost. I should get out and take some pictures. Its quite lovely although driving and walking around is still slippery. I almost wiped out leaving work yesterday but somehow I managed to keep up right. Thank you snow boots. Also took a little skid in the car while going to the bank. Nothing happened but it was one of those oh crap -hey that was fun-lets do that again moments.

Andrew stopped by work yesterday to say hello and to see when would be a good time to go out to dinner this week. He seemed to be doing well. Didn't get a chance to talk to him much. We will be meeting up tonight for dinner.

Rachel also came by in the afternoon. We decided we were hungry for Mexico Viejo so we called Kaia to get out of bed and join us. We called Hagan too but he wasn't quite home yet from his trip to the cities but he would be home in time to go to the movies if we were interested in going. Dinner was muy delicioso. After dinner we went back to my apato and hung out until Hagan got back to town. Around 7 it was getting super foggy so he didn't get back in time to see the early show which was fine since I wanted to chat with Rachel more than I wanted to go to the movies. I can go sit in a dark room and not talk to anyone any time I want.

I didn't know if I felt up to going to the late show but when it was time to go I had decided it would be fun. We went to see National Treasure 2. It was fun but not overly great. I think all of us had it figured out half way through. I was kind of bothered that they never really explained the bad guys motivation. At least not overly well so that was lame. I think we were all deeply amused that the climax takes place in South Dakota.

When we got out of the movie the fog had taken over the town. You could see down the block and not any further. I didn't envy Rachel having to drive back out to her parents.

No comments: