Thursday, December 13, 2007

End of the Saga

The end of the door saga has come to a close. As I mentioned the other day my driver's window would not stay up. The Thursday night before we drove to Wisconsin I was running errands and tried to roll the window down. It protested so I put it back up but the damage was done. Every time you pushed the button it would do nothing and you could hear the motor going round. Craptacular.
I spent Friday morning going to shop to shop to find someone who could look at it that morning. Third times the charm. Unfortunately they needed to order a part and all they could do was tape it. So we drove to Wisconsin with the window taped up. Monday they got the part in which was awesome since I had that day off and could easily drop it off. But then they broke the part. They had trouble with the door panel so they left it off. I was wondering how long I would have to drive around all getto style. Tape on the outside, stripped metal door on the inside with the power controls taped to the door which didn't stay taped for long. I decided I didn't care and just let it hang there. Wednesday came, They got the part and I am back in business. So nice to have that working. What a pain. Merry Christmas to me.

2 comments:

rachel said...

yay for fixed doors!!!

caillie said...

Where di you end up getting it fixed finally??