Monday, April 21, 2008

Mission status...success!

The last hurrah was this weekend. Had a pretty good trip up to Northfield. I ditched out of work early since I had a few errands to run in Sioux Falls and I also wanted to get there at a decent time. The weather was good until about Fairmont and then it got wet and cold. I was nice to to get off I35 before I hit the cities. The hotel was easy to find and it wasn't too long before Nailz, Rue, Mouse, Lu and Hrothgar showed up. Hagan and the squires showed up around 10. Nailz wanted dinner but I didn't have any desire to go out again so we ordered pizza instead.

Morning came and we headed off to site. Nice to have it about 5 minutes away. Got to see the new backs for the larger thrones. They are super gorgeous. Last court went pretty good. I like the blue sky background we had.


Roisin's knighting was a definite high light of our court. It sure surprised a lot of people when Hagan got to cut Roisin's hair. It was quite a gasp. For those of you who wondered, I also cut my queenly hair. I hadn't cut it during the time since becoming princess and I gave it to my champion as a keepsake.

Court got over and the rest of the day was spent just relaxing and visiting. Nice to be a free agent again. I spent all my day visiting and just hanging out. Good times.

Felt a little strange being done with it all. Happy, somewhat sad but mostly glad. Its kind of like at the end of a long trip you still feel like you are moving. For the most part I think we had a successful reign considering we were newbies to the whole experience. Many people came up to me during the day to thank me and to tell me not to be a stranger. I am not sure what my summer plans are but I will be around.

6 comments:

caillie said...

Congrats!!! How short did you cut it?? You can't really tell in the photos.

rachel said...

yay! that sky was awesome!

Aethelflaed said...

Wish I could have been there! Congrats, and happy countessness! Can't wait to see ya'll soon!

Carlee said...

*sobs* No more calling you Your Majesty. *sigh* Well, Contessa de la Doom will have to do. Until your next reign. Mwahahahaaa!

MissDoom said...

I cut off around 10-13 inches. Not really sure. I cut off a bunch myself to give to svien and then i went and got it cut at a salon since I kind of did a hack job.

Its probably about 2 inches below my shoulders now. I like it. I can still put it up and no more split ends.

Anplica said...

I personally really enjoyed your reign, Your Excellency. :) Thank you for the fun you shared with all of us.