Monday, April 28, 2008

And that takes us back to Monday

Friday was rather craptacular all the way around and it didn't get much better once I got home. Checked the mail and I am on call for Jury Duty from July thru December. Sigh. It might not be so bad. I have never done it before so I have no idea what to expect. On the good side it is just downtown, I get paid for going and I still get paid at work although I think it comes out of our annual leave. I have to check on that. Anyway it will be interesting. So guess I won't be making any big long range plans. Hopefully I can still go to Gimli on Labor Day.

The best place to be on Friday night was the couch. Ended up talking on phone instead of watching Sarah Jane and Dr Who like I planned but no big deal since I have DVR. We got snow but most of it melted on impact. There was just a trace on the ground Saturday morning and it was melting fast. They had a bit more snow in SF but it was mostly gone by the time I went home in the afternoon.

I brought some empty boxes forKathy so she can pack her stuffu. My caftan fits great and Svienn finished the viking wire weave necklace he made for me. We had lunch at Sczhwans on 41st St. I eventually take all my friends to eat there. I ate there all the time when I was in college and the manager still remembers me. He usually bugs me about moving back to Sioux Falls. Lunch was super tasty. After that we went to Best Buy so Kathy could buy accessories for her new camera. I bought an car adapter so I can listen to my mp3 player on trips.

Around 4, I headed home. Took a little nap after I got home and then got ready to go to the Argo for supper. The place was packed due to Prom but thankfully we had called ahead. I had the best steak I have ever had. It was melt in your mouth good. mmmmm. We got home rather late but I wasn't tired so ended up watching Reign over Me. I usually don't like Adam Sandler but this movie was good. He looks much better with a Bob Dylan haircut than his usual style.

Sunday I got my naps in between loads of laundry. I watched some of Carrier on PBS. Its kind of interesting. Not sure if I will be watching any future episodes.

No comments: