Monday, April 14, 2008

Birthday Weekend and Provost Challenge


Thanks to everyone who sent me birthday wishes. I had a nice birthday. Friday night Hagan took me out for cheesecake. Phil and Kaia also came along and we had a silly good time at Little Italy. Kaia found the perfect spoon for hanging off her nose.

Saturday morning I got up early and picked up Del and Katsuo in Sioux Falls. The road were pretty good considering that it had been blizzard like the day before. Mostly the roads were were wet. There was considerable amount of snow on the ground between Sioux Falls and Chamberlain. Once you got across the river, not a thing. Crazy spring storms. We got to Pierre around noon. As soon as I was dressed, they brought out the cake and sang happy birthday to me. It was a relaxing event just watching the fencing and visiting with everyone. Court was short and sweet. My last solo court. After court a lot of people left but Katsuo wanted to get some fencing in so we hung out until everyone was ready to go eat. Almost everyone who was still there ended up going to Guadalajara's for supper. Yay Mexican feast. Rachel, Hagan and Andrew have talked about Guadalahoohoo's (thats what they call it) for ages so it was nice to finally go there. Dinner was fun and I got birthday desert and sang to. Thanks a lot Bron! :-P It wasn't so bad but the unceremonious sombrero plonking on the head was a bit of a surprise. We headed home after that and Katsuo was nice enough to drive. I was dead tired.

Sunday I went home to have birthday dinner with the parents.

So a little less than a week left before the end of our reign. Seems unreal that it is almost over but good too. It will be nice to have a few more free weekends.

1 comment:

rachel said...

I've only been to the Guadalahoohoos in Spearfish, but it's damn good, so I'm glad that you got to experience the tasty deliciousness of it all. My last birthday, I got the sombraro treatment as well. Not a fan. But hey, it came with free desert, so I guess it was worth it. :)

Glad to hear you had a good day!