Thursday, May 1, 2008

Thursday's musings

Its been an interesting week. Tuesday I went with Hagan, Katsumoto, and Kaia to fighter practice in Sioux Falls. It was fun to see everyone and hang out but I wish it would warm up. Its still so chilly. I was very glad to bring along my windbreaker. I will need to finish my caftan coat and maybe make a hood for Quest if its going to keep up like this.

We got home rather late and when I was pulling into my parking spot I noticed the van was tilting to the right. Sure enough flat tire. Bugger. It was after 11 so decided to deal with it on Wednesday. In the morning, not only was the front right tire flat but the back one too. Gah. Arranged to get tires fixed. Turns out that it was a thin shard of metal. My dad seemed to think it fell off my hubcap and then go on to puncture both tires. I am hoping this is a fluke freaky one time thing and will not be happening again. I was worried I had driven over some nails. There is a ton of construction going on in town and it wouldn't have surprised me if it had been that.

This morning around 3:30, I got woken up by fire sirens. They sounded awfully close so I went outside to see where they were at. About 3 houses down on the opposite side of the street had smoking coming from their backyard. Turns out the garage was on fire.

Classes are winding down on campus. Everyone is busy scrambling to get everything done. I am looking forward to the quiet days of summer.

Green Jenny recently came across the Haiku that were written for me at the Otsukimi event last fall and sent them to me. Which is cool. I remember being told about them but its nice to have a written copy.

Power: Wasabe!
Generosity and Power
Snow and Spring
Kindness
==
Ellis doombringer
Wrathful like fierce wasabe
Hagan rides the storm
==
Hagan and Ellis
like fiery wasabe
bring both
joy and doom
==
Mighty King Hagan
Fair Queen Ellis
Spells doom
with wasabe
Ker-pow!

2 comments:

rachel said...

that is awesome haiku!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. Haiku sugoi desu!!

Ker-pow!
*snerk*