Monday, May 5, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

I had the ultimate lazy weekend. Friday night Hagan, Kaia, Phil and I went out to dinner. The boys talked about going to see Iron Man at 9ish but I really didn't want to go on opening night. Everyone in town goes to the movies on Friday night. Plus it was raining so I knew it was going to be packed. I much prefer going when I don't have to pretend to be a sardine. Besides Dr. Who looked really good.
Got home and got a desperate call from Sarah H. Her Berimbau came in and she needed help stringing it. Sarah is really into foreign instruments. Anyway asked if she came over if I would help. For some crazy reason she thinks I am extra strong. Reality not so much. Just because I was able to shelve Archival boxes above my head doesn't mean I am overly strong but I was willing to give it a go. She came over with her daughter and we all pulled on the damn thing. Too bad we didn't get it on video would have been pretty funny. We got it strung but not very well. Gah my hands hurt after that.

Dr Who was awesome. Always remember to bring your water gun along while fighting off lava based aliens.

For the first time in ages I slept in past 8 on a Saturday. There have been a few weekends I have been home but my body seems to want to get out of bed by eight. How annoying. Anywho, slept in and bummed most of the day. Only constructive thing I did was write checks for bills and get them posted. Did nothing but watch anime and movies. So nice.

Sunday night I went to see Iron Man. Very cool and I will probably see it again. Robert Downey Jr. is a super hottie in this movie. It makes me want to watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang again. If you haven't seen that one, its a must see!

Happy Cinco de Mayo! It would be a good day to sit on the porch and have a beer. If one had said porch and said beer. Beer problem, easily solved. Porch might have to bug Kaia. hmmm.

No comments: