Monday, March 3, 2008

Officers Day

Friday I ditched out of work early so I could get on the road. Trip up was very good and I was glad to get to Nailz's apato at a decent hour. We chit chated about her recent trip to Japan and I got to see some her ill gotten gains. Fun stuff. Nailz and Clare plan to blog about their adventures so look for updates on their blogs.

We stayed up late so morning came quickly. We got the kids settled for the day (Murphy the cat and Mr. Yuki the dog) and headed out. We got there a little bit after classes had started and got settled in. Ia brought my county coronet and I am very happy with it. I need to put some padding in it and it should be good to go! I also got a nice perudo set from Anplica. We should be covered at Gulf Wars if and when it rains.

My session on what its like to be royalty was at 10:30 and I though it went well. There were many good questions. I felt pretty good about it. After that a bunch of us went to lunch at Green Mill.

After lunch we went to the early period garb class taught by Fina, Tarrach and Mairghread. Its always fun to hear them talk about early personas. The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing and then we had a practice court for some of the new heralds. I had brought awards along that had already been read into court but still needed to be presented. Ysolt thought it might be good to give new heralds some practice. That went well except that most of the people getting awards were not there. :-(

We headed back to the Cities and then went out to dinner at the House of Wong and then back to the apato to play Guitar Hero. We also watched the first episode of the latest anime series Nailz is watching. Kinda strange. I wasn't sold after the first episode.

Sunday I headed home after breakfast. The weather forecast was kind of iffy so I wanted to get home before dark. 35 was good for a change but 90 was foggy, then rainy and then super windy. I was glad to turn south to finally have the wind at my back instead of fighting it.

This week will be busy getting ready for Gulf Wars. Thankfully we have had lots of help with gifts and tokens. That stuff should be set. Now I just need to get my stuff organized and packed.

3 comments:

Aethelflaed said...

I miss SCA. :(

Anplica said...

I hope you enjoy Perudo as much as I do! :)

Anonymous said...

We miss Aethelflaed. :(