Tuesday, November 6, 2007

St. Kates

Saturday was St. Kates. I tend to go to it every year but I think the events you usually go to are the ones where it seems the strangest to be royalty. I had a good time tho. We loaded up on Saturday and headed out. We stopped at Medb's to pick up a scroll and then eat breakfast. Breakfast at Grandma Max's - mission status...failed. It was okay but I think we will give it a miss next time. I don't understand because when I ate dinner there it was good. I guess I should have ordered the egg special like Sarah.

Made it to Volga around 11 and found out that they weren't having it at the usual place. Instead it was at the auditorium which I thought was torn down. Apparently not. Felt kind of strange being back there but good too. Got unloaded and dressed. All the fighters were getting geared up to go outside to do their thing. Tarrach was teaching a weaving class so I sat in on that. I think I could handle the c-clamp loom. Warping it seems easy. You just go round and round and leave a card every time you go around. The main thing that keeps me from weaving anything is the warping process. I am not sure if I have the patience to warp.

After that tried to watch the fighting but the wind was just too cold to sit out there so went back in. Lu had another one of her seconds yarn that needed unraveling so that took up most of the afternoon. By the time we got done with that it was time to get ready for Court. We had fun giving Chuck his Lord cubed award before giving him his Tyr. Lu had made some little femo tacos to give out so I got to give out tacos for the first time. Thought it would be okay since Hagan wasn't there.

Feast was good as usual. Everything was really tasty especially the dates with cream cheese. Every year at St. Kates they hand out rondels which are notes that ask to tell a story or do something funny. Storm's puppet show was the highlight. I hope the guys post it online soon. So funny. After feast they set up the plague rat shoot. Everyone had fun with that.

Next up: TOC.

2 comments:

rachel said...

i'm sad that i missed it this year. :( i always have fun at that event.

caillie said...

You should have called when you were in town! I am glad you had fun! You should show a photo of the taco-