Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Nordskogen 12th Night

So after the longest week of the year (work was mental last week) we loaded up and headed out of town. I was quiet pleased that we left town by 5:30. Hagan had been working extra late everyday and it was a question if he was going to get off at a decent time. Got to SF and picked up Svienn and dinner. The only stop we made was in Albert Lea. It was too cold to want to stop too many times. We headed into the wind after turning on to I-35 so that made it hard to keep on the roads but we made it despite the big city spaghetti works confusing my tired brain.

Saturday turned out to be one of those beautiful crystal clear sub-zero days. Nailz's car didn't care for the cold but she made it to the hotel and we headed off to site.

The event went quiet well. It seemed like a whirlwind of doings. We got there in time to get ready and then have morning court. That got over in time so I could organize my gifts and then hand them out. Nailz and I also walked through the merchants and visited with people. Talked to Zanni on how to warp my loom since I forgot to ask about it when she gave it to me at Boars Head. I might actually get something started on that.

We had Stallari meeting and then visited the A&S and the Nordskogen Bard competition. There weren't a lot of competitors so various people got up and preformed. At the end, Fiona poked me and said why don't you sing. A couple of people agreed that I should so I did. I sang a little folk song that makes me think of the SCA and it didn't sound too bad. Was a bit nervous to sing but it went okay. After that I ran upstairs to visit Eliane's vigil before our meeting with the White Scarfs. Then it was time to get ready for court. Evening court went well. Both Hagan and I changed into the new tunics that Mistress Tatiana made for us. She had said earlier in the day she wanted pictures of us wearing them and since there had been no time I figured it was a good idea. Court went well and I think it gets easier each time.

We quickly got packed up after court and headed off to the Outback for supper. I didn't think I would be hungry but apparently I was. It seemed to take forever to eat and it was late when we got back to the hotel. We thought about going to some of the parties but it was 11 by the time we got back and Hagan really wanted to go to the pool and Nailz and I were tired. We hung out a bit with Fiona, Skadi and Berenice.

Sunday's drive home went by quickly and was uneventful. It got more cloudy the closer we got to home and it started lightly snowing around Beresford. It got rather snowy in the evening so I am glad we got home when we did. I think we got about 8 inches in town. Hard to tell since it is that super light fluffy stuff.

Spent Monday relaxing and then doing chores in the evening. I was glad to have the day off.

This weekend we have the Archery Shoot in Elk Point and the week after that I am heading off to Wisconsin.

3 comments:

caillie said...

YAY!!!! I am glad you made it home safe. It got pretty slippery and I was worried about you.
I am glad you had a great relaxing time and had a chance to sing. You will have to sing it for me at Hertzkreig. Have I heard it before?
Did Hagen eat all his green m&m's yet??

MissDoom said...

I think I might have sung it at a previous Hertzkreig.

Not sure if Hagan has eaten them all yet. He got a leather pouch and put 3 bags worth in and had planned to take it along but left it at home.

caillie said...

Does he need more M&M's?? I am sure I could pick some up. Did you sing the Lake Song??? Or was it something different??