Friday, October 19, 2007

Fall Crown


I haven't had any time lately to update my blog. Meh. But that's life.

We had a smashing good time at Crown. I almost didn't want to go home which is funny since the week before I had felt like craptar. Somehow I managed to strain something in the middle of my back right below my right shoulder blade. While I was a wake I felt okay, little sore but okay but when I tried to lay down OMG the pain. Ai ya. So needless to say I got very little sleep that week. I did go to my bone cracker and that helped but not completely. I was feeling somewhat better by the time we headed out to the Hills.

We had a good trip out. Went fast and no problems driving. We got to Lead about 7ish MST and Rachel met us there. We dumped off out stuff and quickly headed back to Deadwood for the Crab legs/Prime Rib buffet at the Silverado. We were super hungry. They buffet was pretty good. It was hot and lots of it so no one went hungry. After supper we headed back up the mountain and everyone had gotten there by that time. There were lots of SCA people staying at the hotel so it was good to visit with everyone. With my back being stupid I was in no hurry to go to bed so stayed up late with the insomnia club.

The morning came rather quickly when you go to bed about 2am but didn't feel to bad in the morning. Got duded up and headed over to site to get set up. Activity was in full swing and people were busy setting up. Before I knew it it was time for Court and the introductions of all the combatants and consorts. It felt a little weird since less than six months before I had been one of the people presented into court and given flowers. After that there was a little break while everyone got ready and prepared for battle!

The tourney went by very quickly. Much fast than the one Hagan won. That seemed to last all day. There were many good bouts and all were well fought. In the end it came down to Lars vs. Geoffrey and Lars was victorious. Vivant Lars and Mary Heirs of Northshield!!!
Here is a video of the final bout. Thanks to Anora for taking pictures.


The rest of the day was spent visiting and meetings. I also got a back massage (thanks Devon) and a bone cracking session from the Saucy Frenchmen. Cracking the bones never felt so good. Ahhhhhh. It really helped too. I am on the mend.

Feast was fun and yummy but like last Crown I was exhausted and not overly hungry. It was a good feeling that Crown was over and we had accomplished that task.

The rest of the night was spent running around the Hotel with Kol looking for fun. Hagan and his knights were having a good time torturing Evan. Much fun was had. I got a box of clothes from Nordskogen. Everything fit beautifully. Its amazing how people can do that. Not one of my skills. I need the person there. All very beautiful and I can't wait to wear them. I made a new viking apron dress for the weekend. I think it turned out nice. I got several complements and that made me happy.

Next up: Trip to Bismark to make them a shire.

2 comments:

rachel said...

i like that picture! it's very nice.

caillie said...

Sorry your back was hurting!! I am glad it feels better!!!