Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The blog post about the trip to Nord dakota and Halloween's quick arrival

First of all, HOLY CRAP, tomorrow is Halloween! I have been so distracted by SCA stuff it has snuck up on me. Wow. Its not like I do anything special anyway. Nobody ever comes to my door for candy so I end up eating it myself. I haven't really bought any extra candy this year but I do have some in case I need it. Usually a bunch of us go out to dinner dressed up. I will never forget last year when Jessica and Sam taped their legs together so they could be Siamese twins. It was quite the show watching them get in and out of the van. Not sure if I will dress up tomorrow or not. I usually dress up for work but not sure if I will do it this year. Maybe Her Majesty will go to work for me and I can stay at home.

Vivant for the Shire of Dreibrucken! We had a good time elevating them to full status. Everyone seemed to be having a good time at the event.

We left home Friday night and headed up ol' 29 after picking Morton up in SF. Didn't have any problems but we did see a lot of bloodstained highway and random bits of things. It is the season for that. Thankfully Hagan's good karma is in tact and we had Princess Yue light our way. The moon was gorgeous!

We got to Hrodir's around 11 and got settled it. Saturday morning came rather early but everyone got ready in time and we headed out. More dead deer and blood along the highway. We made it to site about the time Hagan had projected. Pretty good considering we left Fargo a little later than we had planned. A lot of people were there already. Other people unloaded the van since I am not allowed. Got dressed and visited. I mostly visited with people all day. I had a bit of a sinus headache so it was hard to focus. The impromptu A&S display was fun to watch snowball. It never fails to amuse when someone sparks an idea and then everyone runs with it.

Fiona brought her indulgences cards with her and I think all were sold. It helped that we had two pretty girls run around and sell them. I think the cookies helped too. We will be selling them at Boars Head so that should be fun. On the way home, We came up with a whole bunch of terms and conditions to put on the back of the cards. The money raised from the indulgences are going to go to the Northshield endowment fund. If anyone has any good indulgences that we should add to our list, feel free to email me.

In the afternoon, most of the fighters spend the afternoon playing with combat archery and inside they danced.

Around 4:30 we had court and that went well. Hagan gave out more tacos to everyones amusement. The scroll for Dreibrucken Charter turned out quite well. There wasn't a whole lot of business so court was short and sweet. We brought along the Northsheild Horn and Thunderbunny and Hrodir had a good time taking turns sounding it.


Feast was yummy especially the chicken gravy. mmmm. At the end I was very full and not willing to move very fast. Dishes got washed, we packed up, site was cleaned and then we went off to Mark's to relax, visit and sleep. I met Mark or Wulfhere ages ago at my first trip to Lilies. It was good to see him again.

Sunday we headed south. It was a long windy drive home. Somewhere around Watertown we got hit by a microburst that about blew us off the highway. Crikey. Thankfully there were no deer met on the way home.

This Saturday is the Feast of St. Kates.

2 comments:

rachel said...

i'm glad you had a good time. i wish i could have made it up there.

Happy Halloween!

Carlee said...

What are indulgences? I think I might be able to come up with a few if I had an example...

Glad Hagan's karma is holding out!