Monday, September 17, 2007

The seige or who took my warm weather

This last weekend was the third Cecil's Siege. I had no idea last year when I was sitting in Court that only a short year later I would be Queen of Northshield. Life is full of surprises.

The siege started Thursday night but I had many chores that I needed to get done not to mention I had to work half a day on Friday so I stayed home to get those things done. Rue and Mouse came into town for a little visit and to ask if they could come take showers at my place on Friday since site showers weren't up and running yet.

Friday I got off work at noon and then waited for the shower crew to show up. Not long after they showed up Nailz did too with Mr. Yuki. It was to be his first camping adventure. Everyone got cleaned up and dressed and we headed out to site. There were a fair amount of people there already. The sun was out but the wind was cold. I had put on one of my knitted hats and I got lots of complements and lots of requests for one too once people found out that I had made it myself. I probably would have handed it over but it was too cold for that.

Friday night is the hamburger BBQ and torchlight tourney in honor of Ian MacTawisch. Katsuo was the victor and I gave him one of hats for winning the tourney. After that we hung out for awhile until I decided that I had had enough of the cold and it was time for bed. Deva came along too since she had no desire to camp and I had offered the use of my couch.

When we got up on Saturday morning it was nice and sunny, a little chilly but sunny. By the time we got out to site that had gone away and it became wet and dreary. Mr Yuki had not faired too well during the night so we took him back to town.

In my opinion it was too cold to do much of anything so sat in on classes, visited and knitted. My cousin Lou came out for a visit to see what all this SCA stuff is all about. She was quiet impressed. Before court my Mom, Dad and Aunt Kathleen and Uncle Charlie showed up. My parents have come to a few events but never stayed for long so it was nice that they could see court and know what that was all about. We had a lot of court business and everyone seemed pleased and surprised!! Hagan finally gave out tacos at court. There were a lot happy faces because of that.

After court the sun came out, typical, and then we had a lovely feast. There was way too much food and I couldn't eat everything on my plate. After feast there was bardic which I enjoyed and then more visiting.

All in all I think the Siege went pretty well despite getting sick this week. I suppose it was bound to happen with so much going on and the crazy up and down temps.

I got to see lots of people I haven't seen in forever and I was glad they got to see Hagan and I as King and Queen.

No comments: