Monday, September 17, 2007

Coronation

I want to know who took my summer. It seems like yesterday that Hagan and I were crowned Prince and Princess and this whole adventure started. And now it is time for us to be crowned King and Queen. Ai ya where does the time go.

We left for Wisconsin Friday hoping that everything was packed and remembered. I probably drove everyone crazy by asking the same questions over and over. I just needed to make sure I didn't forget everything. The trip out was pretty pleasant except for that part where I got turned around in Minn looking for a gas station. *sigh* That and the last leg always seems so long after you get off the interstate. But we made it to the hotel when I thought we would. Got checked and poked around checking out the site and such. After a bunch of us got there we headed to get food. By the time we got back the rest of the crew had shown up. We hung out for a bit but I knew I needed to go to bed if I was going to make it through the next day.

Saturday the big day! I woke up with a few nerves but the quickly went away. Thank goodness for that. We had breakfast and then did a run through of what the ceremony would be. Then it was time to get ready and wait. I thought the ceremony went off very well. I got rather hot since the room they had court in was small and there were a lot of people in there.

After we were proclaimed King and Queen there was many meetings, running around greeting people, judging the A&S and a few moments to take it all in. That day is still a little blurry. Evening Court and feast went well and then it was finally time to relax and celebrate with friends.

It was really a great day and it will live long in my memory

2 comments:

rachel said...

long live the queen of dooooooom!

MissDoom said...

we will see. I feel like death this week.

I have the plague.

You will take over for me if I die, yes?