Monday, September 14, 2009

Gimli

Gah I forgot to post this! Its been a very busy week.

Last Thursday I bolted out of work. Nice to no have to think about it for 4 days. Picked up Svien in SF. We tootled up the highway and made it to Fargo around 11ish.
Eithni and TRM weren't there yet so we hung out at Perkins until they arrived.

Friday we got up late and then poked around downtown Fargo to find somewhere to eat. We ended up eating at the Pita Pit. Good but I have never seen them roll a pita like that before.
Eithni really wanted to go to the Hjemkost center so we played tourist. I never watched the movie about the viking ship last time I was up. LOl crazy 80's style. Don't miss those days.
We had a nice guided tour of the stave church. We looked around for a bit more and then hit the highway.
The boarder crossing wasn't too bad. Bit of a wait and Svien was a little coy about how many beers he had a long. But they let us cross without hinderance. The highways north of Winnipeg had heavy traffic. Everyone heading to the lake for the weekend.
We made it to Gimli about 7. We ate at the Europa, greasy spoon palace. Eithni and I both ordered cheese burgers and thats not really what we got. Burger buired in chili. i couldn't see much cheese. Moutain of fries. I think it was about 4 potatoes worth. It was good but not really what i was after.
Got to site and settled in. Went to war Court then hung out.

Saturday was a beautiful day. Made even better by french toast and snausages. mmmm. It was a nice morning to chill. I had asked Kol to bring her ball winder so I could ball up some skeins I had. Which was good since the yarn was a mess/a bit sticky or both. Took much less time with the winder than it would have done by hand. Now I have to decide what I am going to do with my snape, griffindor, and Irish wool yarn.

Court was lovely. Congrats to HE Doodie and HE Evil Eric!

The bugs were horrid in the evening so the Perudo set was pulled out and more victims were sucked into the fun. Thunderbunny was victorious for both rounds.

Sunday was more of the same. Knitting, enjoying the sunshine, grumbling about bugs, doing the flail to keep them off. I got fed up with them late afternoon and decided it was time for a nap. Huzzah for screened in cabins. After supper I tagged along with Johann and family to get ice cream in town. Such a nice treat!

Monday was the sad day to pack up and leave. The trip home was rather uneventful. We had a super quick stop at the border. Made it home late which made for a sleepy Tuesday.

No comments: