Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall Coronation

After a super busy short week it was nice to run away again. Del had asked if I would like to head to Fargo early. Normally Friday afternoons are quiet so why not. Of course the universe seems to know when I am leaving early so after ton of phone calls (my phone hardly rings, its all email) I ditched out of work and headed to SF. Made it Delphina's. We loaded stuff into her car and then went over to Szchwan's for lunch. Yum!

The trip up was quick. Funny how a 4.5 hour drive is short. Made it to Toramassa and Una's around 6. Kol pulled up as we did. That was cool. Unloaded stuff and then headed off to Bennigan's for supper. Got introduced to the Wii. Played a few games including rock band. Video games are fun but I am glad I don't have them at home.

Made it site about a half an hour before court. Probably would have been there sooner if we hadn't had to wait for the long train.

I was honored to have a small part of the show, saying what it is to be King and Queen. Hopefully it sounded okay. Thank goodness for cheat sheets and little books to hide said cheat sheets.

Most of the day was spent enjoying the company and the weather. I had brought a project along but it was nice just to be.

The rose ceremony was simple and nice. Duchess Eleanor spoke of what it is to be a rose. Tatiana make a lovely Rose cloak. The Roses welcomed Ailleanne and gave presents.
This is what I gave.


Feast was very tasty. Lots and lots of food. By the third remove I was full. I did save room for applesauce and cookies.

After clean up we headed back to Toramassa's. Nice to put on the pajama pants. More Wil was played but I pooped out early because I could hardly keep my eyes open. Just as well since we had to get up before the crack of dawn. Del had to be back in SF by 11 to go to work. We were able to get up and on the road just before six. I told Del I could drive since she looked wiped out. Drive was good but foggy until we hit Sisseton where it magicly cleared up. I enjoyed driving her new Element. Very comfortable and roomy. Wouldn't mind having one myself.

Made it to SF in plenty of time and I headed on down the highway. Stopped by to see the parents since its kinda on the way home. Haven't seen them if a few weeks. Had lunch. Did laundry and naps. Other chores were accomplished as well.

This week I need to clean and prepare for impending company for Siege. Will be nice not to have to travel and be able to sleep at home.

Oh yeah I got a new Kingdom job...Web minister. Should be fun. Webstuff is fun and it will be similar to what I do in my everyday job so shouldn't be too much of a stretch.