Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Catch up and Bardic Madness

To say the doldrums of summer has set in would be a vast understatement. The last couple of weeks there has been bupkiss to write about so I haven't. Work has left me rather bereft of good thoughts so ehhh. Mental doldrums and insomnia hasn't helped either but it will work itself out sooner or later.

On a better note Bardic Madness was in Sioux Falls this weekend and that was rather fun. Hagan and Asa rode up with me. Not a whole lot of people but a good time none the less. It was good to see everyone who came. Challenges were fun to listen too and I participated in a few. Painted a scroll blank, visited and basically hung out. Feast was Russian themed and very good. Several people were super excited. Things got cleaned up and most everyone headed over to Rick's in Brandon for the post revel. Spent a few hours there. After the fire dancing was done, several people insisted I stay for that, Asa and I went home.

Pictures of the event are posted on my flickr page.

Sunday was Father's Day and went home to see Dad and the rest of the fam. My niece was staying the weekend so things had been busy there. Everyone else must have been tired too since a hour or so after dinner everyone was taking a nap. I decided to be a sheep and have one too. Nice and cool down the basement.

Hot and stormy this week. Very glad the AC at home and work is working just fine. Yay for that.

No comments: