Monday, May 18, 2009

Quest

Ah still tired from the weekend. Quest was a lot of fun. Kol didn't get to Verm until super late so we didn't head out to Rapid until late Thursday morning. That was okay because we were able to score fresh out of the oven french loaves from Jones.

It was a nice cool day for traveling. No big excitements or mishaps. Got to Rapid around 5 mt time, went to Eileen's Cookies (best cookies EVAR!) and went to see Fiona's new yarn shop. Very cool. Had Greek food with Fiona and then got supplies and headed out to site. We got settled in our cabin and then wandered around until late.

Friday was a cold and wet day. It rained off and on and wasn't very nice to hang around outside. We had hot scones for breakfast. After breakfast Hagan and I went up to TRM cabin to see what they were doing. It was nice to chat inside where it was warm. Wandered a bit after that and gave out my hat stash. I knew it was going to be cold so figured I would drag them along. Supplies now depleted. Poked around in the merchants after lunch but then it started to rain so ducked into Fiona's cabin. The rain stopped and I headed back home for a nap. Good day for it. Late afternoon the sun came out but it was still quiet chilly. Ate dinner with the girls and Tom and then watched the torchlight tourney. The finals was Katsuo vs Ajax with Katuso winning. Hung out there for a bit. Had my first taste of Frog from the Outlands cabin. Very tasty but very dangerous since its like cool aid. I was tired by then, the cold wasn't helping so I went back to the cabin. Wasn't there long before we had company. I guess people wanted to bring the party indoors. It was nice to seeRob and Becca again. I kicked everyone out eventually. I couldn't keep conscious.

Saturday was a much nicer day. A bit cool but at least sunny. Delphina's squireing took place in the morning before the fighting. It was very nice. Kol and I got our chairs and picked out a spot to watch the fighting. Everyone was enjoying the day. Watched HRM do her heavy weapons authorization. Congrats on that! Most of the afternoon was spent on the porch watching fighing, sewing and visiting. The porch is awesome since you can see quite a lot from upstairs. Court was 5ish and then afterwards we went to the resturant for prime rib. Ate way too much. Retained a bit for TRM and wandered around camp and ended up at the Outlands cabin. They are a lot of fun. Will have to hang out there a bit more next year.

Sunday we lazily packed up and tried to get everyone to eat the rest of our food. "Does anyone want bacon" gets a huge response. Trip home was good. A bit windy towards the end. Had supper at Chevy's Fresh Mex in SF. Too much food. Next time I am getting a quesadilla and a whole bunch the corn side dish. Got home around 8. Hagan came over and we watch Tropic Thunder. Was glad I had already seen it since I had a hard time paying attention. Kol liked it tho.

Kol headed off after breakfast today. I bummed around and got my laundry together. Totally forgot to buy clothes soap when we were at Jones for breakfast. Doh! Got that done tho. Still have to put some things away. Nap was had and now contemplating going to see Star Trek. hmmm.

No comments: