Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Yuletide and Snow

Yuletide was fun as per usual. Its a nice little event. I didn't get to hang out with Rue as much as I wanted but other than that it was a good time. Stopped off and did some shopping before I got to site. Still need to pick up a few things for Mom and Dad. Gah they are the hardest to buy for. Dad's a little easier since he is not as picky as mom. I just don't know. Every year is harder and harder.

The post revel was at Rick's house in Brandon. A little bit of a drive but fun when we got there. Ended up staying over since I had no great desire to drive home at 3am. Everyone was still sleeping when I left at 9. The rest of Sunday was spent doing the usual laundry and napping.

In the evening Hagan called to see if i wanted to go see Role Models. It was hilarious. At lot of the movie takes place with a LARP group and there are many moments that I think would amuse SCA people.

Yesterday we got snow. Started out as rain, ice then snow. (I think that was the scenario for most places) It was ice pellets when I left work. Thankfully it wasn't a complete ice sheet under foot. The crappy part was that I have traded vans with my Dad while mine is being looked at. Its leaking transmission fluid. Not good. While my Dad's van has an remote starter, awesome I think I want one, the bad part is that I forgot to grab my uber ice scrapper. Instead of my heavy duty one I had to make do with a flimsy bank giveaway scrapper. Managed to scrap off enough to see to get home. I was glad I didn't have to go anywhere after that.

No comments: