Friday, September 26, 2008

Warm and windy siege

Thursday I took off work early so I could get a few chores done. I was about to head to the store but decided to give Nailz a call to see where she was at. Strangely she was just about to call me to say she was almost to town. Waited for her arrival and then went out to the Mart of Wal buy a few last minute items. Around 5 we headed out to site to sit troll. We enjoyed the evening while eating pizza and chatting. Around 11 we passed the troll torch onto Del and friends and headed home.

Friday we got up early and sat troll again in the morning. The afternoon was spent running errands and doing some last minute sewing. We waited for Kolbrunna and co. to show up so we could go to lunch but they had already eaten. There were other hungry people so around 3 a group of us went to lunch at Whimps after driving Hagan around so we could procure water troughs for the horsey people. After lunch sat troll for a bit then headed back up to the main hall to relax a bit. By this time I was super tired do to the warm weather and the running around. Ran back down to troll to check on things shortly after the BBQ and Torchlight tourney got started so missed all of that and Mouse's squireing. Was tired and crabby at that point and needed to go to bed. Found Kol and Nailz and headed home.

Saturday morning headed back out and checked on troll and hung out with Juliana and Tarrach until their Majesties arrived. Retained for Her Majesty most of the day until I had to go and close down troll. HM Aesa got a little archery in and then we went down to the new equestrian area. We headed back up to the main hall to watch heavy fighting in front of the fort. I finished up troll, ran home for a bit and a soda and then back to site for court and feast. They had court set up by the time I got back. Feast was yummy pig and afterward it was hang out and relax time. I got to spend time with a lot of people I had been missing this summer, mostly Svaty people that don't live here anymore.

Sunday we went to breakfast at Mr. Smiths and then clean up at site. Then late lunch at Whimps and then home for a nap. Hagan called about 6 to see if we wanted to go see Burn before Reading. Nailz and I went but it was a boring weirdo movie.

Thankfully I was smart and took Monday off where I caught up on my sleep and washed clothes. My sinuses now hate me. I am hoping it will go away soon but who can tell.

No comments: