Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday loathing since 1882

Ugg the humidity has been oppressive lately. Saturday I was foolish and turned off the air conditioner since it was 69 degrees. I think the humidity was about 69 too which meant a restless nights sleep. Sunday morning turned it back on and life was better.

Most of the weekend was spent putzing around. Family members from around the country have started to arrive to celebrate my gram's birthday this Saturday. We had dinner in the basement at my mom's. So nice and cool down there. She was overly worried about all the "stuff" she has down there. Its not that bad. The majority is confined to the corners and its not like you have to climb over boxes or worry about dumping a pile over. I understand tho. Most of the time when people visit me I feel the same way. I need a sign that says "Pay no attention to my clutter."

Sunday I was lazy and watched 4 movies. The Other Boleyn Girl (mostly meh), The Game Plan(cute and who doesn't want to see the Rock in ballet tights), In Bruges (weird but I now want to visit Belgium) , and Get Smart's Bruce and Lloyd Out of control ( amusing. I love Masi Oka)

This week looks to be busy. Lots of work meetings. At least it should make the time go quickly. I am also getting my car checked over. Hopefully that won't be too expensive. *crosses fingers*

1 comment:

Aethelflaed said...

When it gets to humid for you, think of me, crawling around in a cornfield all day, in the same heat and humidity, wearing pants, long sleeves, and a bandana over my face to protect me from the vicious, vicious corn leaves. It'll make you feel better, I guarantee it. :D I miss my Anne!