Monday, June 9, 2008

There is no charge for awesomeness

The Ren Fair was fun. Much better than last year when it would rain every half hour. It was a little warm and humid but not too bad. Nice to see the sun.

Hagan and I left got to SF around 10:30. Stopped by the leather store and visited with Hark while Hagan got a few things. There were a good number of people at the fair. Found the shire pavilion and got settled in. This year they were set up a little further away from the main area but it was nicer since there was room to have fighting. There were quiet a few people that stopped by to see what we were all about so hopefully Border Downs will get a few new members. I have a few pictures up on my flickr page.

Spent some of the day wandering around. Finally found John and Red Callie's booth. They had opted to be in the expo building (good move) but it took awhile to finally find them. The fair closed at 7 but we hung out for awhile longer visiting. Finally left around 8 and headed supper at Chili's with Basil. Dinner was good but I was dead tired. Hagan wanted to go to B&N after supper. Thankfully it was a quick trip. Picked up some manga. I really need to go through my books to see what I have. I have totally lost track of series I am reading.

On the drive home we got quite a light show. I was glad it didn't rain too much on us. By the time we got back to town it was raining. Bleh.

Sunday did laundry and a bit of knitting. In the evening went to see Kung Fu Panda which was awesome. I kind of wish they had animated the whole film like the opening but on the whole it is a must see.

No comments: