Monday, June 30, 2008

Mad Dogs

The blustery weekend did keep the bugs away but not the rain. The wind also ripped a big hole in the Border Downs Pavilion so there was little shade and/or places to hide from the rain. When it wasn't raining it was rather nice. Spent the majority of the day visiting. I was surprised to see Geoffrey and Tatiana there but nice too. Geoffrey and a bunch of the guys were very into making their own portable forge.

I brought several things to work on but had no enthusiasm. Del tried to teach a bunch of us to drum. I have a hard time keeping an even beat and I tend to speed up or slow down. Kaia showed up in the afternoon to show me how to lucet. I must have left my patience at home because I gave up on that after a while. During some of the rain showers, Rue and I went and sat in my van since we didn't feel like taking over anyone's tent. Nice and warm. We both took a little nap thanks to reclining seats.

It continued to rain off and on the rest of the afternoon and by early evening I had decided to head home. The wind must have taken a lot out of me because I was totally drained by the time I got home.

The weather gods were very cruel because Sunday was the perfect day to be outside.

This week is a short work week which will probably feel extra long. Not sure if I will be doing anything for the 4th. Not one of my favorite holidays. Guess we will see what happens.

No comments: