Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lupercalia

Being sick takes all enthusiasm for blogging right out. So highlights version of the weekend.

Wind in SD is often worse than the snow.

Going to the bathroom at Granite City is like playing frogger. You are the frog, waitstaff are the cars. Who puts the bathroom by the kitchen door? Nothing but trouble.

Its never too cold for Culver's Custard.

Minnesota is the land of ice and snow. I am glad I live in SD.

Breaks and ice are not a good combo. Thanks car in front of me. I almost slide in the ditch.

The event was fun. We got little bunnies and rings for tokens. If anyone knows how they made the rings let me know. I would like to makes some as personal tokens. I am a ring junkie.

Anywho, retained for Her Majesty. She had some lovely fabric she was making into a apron dress. We watched the Buschkazi which was less frenzied than last year.

Taught Rachel, Jess and Kaia how to play perudo. We played two games of that. The second game was a bit cutthroat that came down to two die. I somehow pulled the win. It was awesome.

Before court, took the girls with Sir Tom to meat market around the corner. Meat sticks for everyone.

Court and feast was fun. Spent most of feast telling old SCA stories.

The drive home was much better. There were a few slippery spots but not many. I was quiet glad I had planned to stay in SF Saturday night instead of driving home. I don't think I could have stayed awake.

Sunday we got up late and then went out to lunch. We called Svien to see if he wanted to go if he had any "For the Good of the Land" CDs for the girls to buy. We had a tasty lunch at Dynasty then shopping. We hit the bead store, yarn store, Shopko for blank CDs and World Market for treats. Jess got her CD and I headed home.

1 comment:

rachel said...

1. that was soo much fun!
2. i still don't have a 'for the good of the las' cd
3. meat sticks: yum!
4. i was totally robbed at perudo. alas, that's why they call you the mistress of doom. :)